Know your Glass Types
A house can never be complete without windows. Similar to the saying “The eyes are the windows to the soul.” we believe that the windows give a house its character and charm. When planning to buy a house, build a house or replacing your current home’s windows, you must be aware of the different types of glass and which one is perfect for your home. The Glass Company in Brookfield, WI aspires to support you in all your glass installation needs. We help you determine the perfect glass best suited for your home.
The Glass Company in Brookfield, WI have skilled, experienced and knowledgeable technicians to provide assessment, installation and repair needs. It is important to be well-informed of the different home window glass so you can consider which is right for your home. Some of the most common home window glasses include the following:
- Gas-Filled Windows – Argon and krypton are the gas fills used most often by window manufacturers to displace the air between the panels in windows. Argon, which comprises slightly less than 1% of the Earth’s atmosphere, is non-toxic, inert, clear and odorless. The gas fills usually help reduce heat loss and offer better insulation. This will greatly benefit you if you have energy-saving concerns since the glass helps keep heating within your home.
- Insulated Windows – Insulated windows have two or more panes of glass. The insulation is maintained since the glass panes are spaced apart and hermetically sealed thus giving air space for insulation. Similar to glass-filled windows, they benefit homeowners who have energy-saving concerns. It also helps reduce noise coming from the outside of your home..
- Heat Absorbing Tinted Glass Windows – Heat-absorbing window glazing contains special tints that change the color of the glass. Tinted glass absorbs a large fraction of the incoming solar radiation which also offers energy efficiency. Heat-absorbing tinted glass reflects only a small percentage of light, so it does not have the mirror-like appearance of reflective glass. It does, however, offer more security, privacy and design versatility..
- Low-Emissivity or Low-E Glass – low-e coating is a microscopically thin, virtually invisible, metal or metallic oxide layer deposited directly on the surface of one or more of the panes of glass. This type of glass allows a considerable amount of heat to pass through the glass while filtering it and reduces energy loss by as much as 30% to 50%..
- Reflective Glass – this type of glass reduces solar radiation which can minimize ultraviolet damage at home. Due to its design versatility, it is usually in demand for architecturally and well-designed homes and buildings..
- Impact-Resistant Glass – is a popular choice for areas prone to hurricanes, storms and typhoons due to its safety and security purpose. It’s strong enough to prevent from breaking up into large sharp pieces and it remains intact in the event of breaking..
There are many other glass type choices but the above-mentioned are the more popular choices. The Glass Company in Brookfield, WI offers a variety of choices suited for your architectural needs. It is important that you get the best services to complete the aesthetic component of your home. Aside from providing an attractive façade, it is important that your windows provide function and security.