Dream House Ideas: Types of Window Frames
Are you looking for ideas for your dream house? Or are you just strolling around the streets of information provided by the internet in order to look for a suitable window frame? Whether it is for your house, a company building, a commercial residence or any dwelling, you can count on The Glass Company in Brookfield, WI to provide you with a wide selection of ideas for your window frames.
Working as a Glass Company in Brookfield, WI, we have encountered a lot of framings that suites the overall beauty and design of a house and the house has even been adorned with the perfect ambience of home through the glasses we install. Windows can come in a lot of different designs, frames and glazing types. You can modify the different rooms in your house by combining a good frame choice with a glazing type that is suitable to your application and climate.
There are a lot of benefits and drawbacks to each type of window frame. It can either enhance or diminish the thermal resistance of a particular frame thus contributing to the overall energy efficiency. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of frames The Glass Company in Brookfield, WI can work on:
- ALUMINUM OR METAL FRAMESAdvantage:
- Almost maintenance free
- Rapidly conducts heat
- Makes a material that has a very poor insulation
In order to lessen the heat flow, including the U-factor, it is advisable that these aluminum or metal frames will be installed with thermal break. A thermal break is an isolating plastic strip that is to be found between the inner and outer side of the frame and sash.
- COMPOSITE FRAMESThese frames are made up of composite wood products and examples of which includes particleboard and the laminated strand lumber.
- Better structural and thermal properties like wood
- Better moisture and resistance to decay
- Twice as firm as vinyl
- FIBERGLASS FRAMESAdvantages:
- Dimensionally stable
- Contain air cavities – allows insulation
- Superior thermal performance than that of wood or vinyl that are not insulated
- VINYL FRAMESThese frames are made commonly made up of PVC or polyvinyl chloride that have ultraviolet light (UV) stabilizers that does not give way for the sunlight to break down the material.
- Do not require painting
- Good resistance to moisture
- Thermally better than standard vinyl and even wood frames
- WOOD FRAMESAdvantages:
- Contract or expand according to the weather condition
- Require regular maintenance
Aluminum or vinyl cladding lessens the maintenance requirements of wood frames.
Do you already have an idea on what type of window frame your house will contain? If you do, we hope that you will count on us to install the glass windows on your house for we provide services and products that are superior to the rest of the glass companies in Brookfield, WI.
Got any questions about our products and services? We can answer anything related to glass so just leave them on the comment section below and experts will be sure to answer them.